AceShowbiz - Michael Douglas finally accepted the offer of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame as it was an "appropriate" way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of his acting career.
The "Wall Street" icon was honored with the 2,648th star in Los Angeles last week, November 06, when he was supported by his father Kirk Douglas, wife Catherine Zeta-Jones, son Cameron, and pal Jane Fonda, with whom he co-starred in 1979's The China Syndrome.
Michael reveals officials at the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce had been inviting him to cement his legacy on the Walk of Fame for years, but the timing was never quite right, until he realised 2018 would coincide with a professional milestone.
"They've offered it to me before," the 74 year old told U.S. breakfast show "Today". "Over the years they've offered it at different times, but I live on the East Coast and I just was not there when it was (offered) on the West Coast."
"But it seemed appropriate (this time), because I said, 'Oh my goodness, this is my 50th year in showbiz...'"
Michael also thought unveiling the pavement plaque, which is located near the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street, just a few feet from his dad Kirk's star, would be a great way to promote his latest project, new Netflix comedy "The Kominsky Method". In the series, which debuts on the streaming service on Friday, November 16, he stars alongside Alan Arkin as two top acting coaches who attempt to navigate their way through Hollywood during old age.
As for Michael's own career, he is showing no signs of slowing down following the box office success of Marvel blockbusters "Ant-Man" and its summer sequel, "Ant-Man and the Wasp", in which he portrays the original titular superhero, aka Dr. Hank Pym.