Chris Soules Pleads Not Guilty in Deadly Car Crash
Celebrity

The former 'Bachelor' star files a formal written arraignment and not guilty plea to leaving the scene of a fatal accident.

AceShowbiz - %cChris Soules% pleaded not guilty on Tuesday, May 16 after he was charged with leaving the scene of a fatal car crash last April. He was involved in an accident that killed a 66-year-old tractor driver, Kenneth Mosher.

Chris waived his right to be publicly arraigned by filing a formal written not guilty plea. His arraignment was initially scheduled for May 23 at Iowa's Buchanan County Courthouse, but he entered his plea earlier in order to avoid appearance in public court.

The "Dancing with the Stars" alum was arrested on Tuesday, April 25 after calling 911 and leaving the scene of accident. Previously, Chris rear-ended his pickup truck into a tractor near Aurora, a northeast Iowa town located about 15 miles south of Soules' farm in Arlington and 65 miles north of Iowa City, on Monday, April 24 at around 8 P.M.

In audio recording of the 911 call, an emotional Chris breathed heavily as he talked with the operator. The 35-year-old reality TV star said the victim, who was later identified as Mosher, no longer appeared to be breathing. After promising to call back, Chris ended the call and allegedly left the scene before EMTs arrived.

Iowa State Patrol spokesman Sgt. Scott Bright told the Register that Chris left the crash scene on foot headed northbound. When police came to his house, he allegedly refused to leave until officers obtained a search warrant several hours later. It was reported before that Chris was in possession of alcoholic beverages and containers at the time of the accident.

Chris was later released on $10,000 bail and charged with Class D felony. He faces up to five years in prison if found guilty.

You can share this post!

Related Posts