AceShowbiz - Fans of "The Real Housewives of New York City" were shocked when Bethenny Frankel announced last month that she wouldn't return for the upcoming season of the Bravo series. Now, host and executive producer Andy Cohen has shared his opinions on the exit.
"My overwhelming feeling about Bethenny leaving 'New York', and I told her this six weeks ago...that I am so grateful that she came back. She already left is what we need to remember, so we were so lucky to have these last seasons with her in it," the 51-year-old said in Wednesday, August 4 episode of his SiriusXM show, "Radio Andy".
"And it was just so fun to have her back and she brought so much to the show that I am just living in the gratitude of her second return," he went on saying. "And I hopefully will live in the gratitude of her third return. Because we are much like the mob, you can't get out. And I do hope and think that she will come back sometime."
Whether or not Bethenny might pop up in new seasons of "The Real Housewives of New York City", Andy revealed, "She's [still such] a part of everything that's going on, that you almost could see her dropping in." He continued, "And it's like, 'Oh my god!' You know? ...Bethenny's at a party or Bethenny's on this trip or...you never know."
When asked about the drama that made her leave the franchise, Andy opted to stay mum. "I'm gonna leave it in my gratitude," he mused.
Previous report stated that Bethenny pissed off "RHONY" executives way before she decided to depart from the reality show. Back in March, the reality TV star announced a partnership with MGM Television and Mark Burnett to produce unscripted TV projects, and that allegedly made the honchos at Bravo mad.
"They were very upset," an insider claimed to the news outlet. "A Housewife can do a one-off show like 'Dancing with the Stars'…not a regular series in reality TV. Everyone was pissed off."
The informant went on saying, "For all the things the network has done for Bethenny, it was a slap in the face." The source noted that Bravo decided to keep Bethenny because she was "good TV" despite her strange career move.
The Skinnygirl founder announced her exit earlier this week. "I have decided to leave the Housewives franchise to explore my next chapter. It's time to move on and focus on my daughter, my philanthropy and my production partnership with Mark Burnett, producing and starring in shows which represent a shift in the conversation for women. With the changes in modern culture, I want to highlight the strength, confidence and unstoppable power that women have," the 48-year-old star said in a statement.
She went on sharing that she's learned a lot from starring on the Bravo series. "My experience at Bravo has been an incredibly magical ride. I am so grateful to them for highlighting my entrepreneurialism and allowing me to pave the way for many women to achieve their goals. I am excited for my future. The best is yet to come," she added.