AceShowbiz - "John Wick: Chapter 4" has received a green light, less than a week after "John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum" was released in theaters across the nation. The fourquel is officially in development and scheduled to arrive on May 21, 2021.
Lionsgate announced the news about the fourth movie via a text message to fans on Monday, May 20. "You have served. You will be of service. 'John Wick: Chapter 4' is coming - May 21, 2021," read the text updates.
Other details about the upcoming movie are not available, but Keanu Reeves is expected to reprise his role as assassin John Wick. The actor has previously said that he's open to the possibility of returning for more "John Wick" movies as long as fans still can accept it. "As far as my legs can take me," he told GQ. "As far as the audience wants to go."
Reeves' co-star Ian McShane said a similar thing about the franchise's future. "Probably in 10 years, 'John Wick' would still be going," said the Winston depicter. "You never know, Keanu might be running the [Continental] hotel and everything by then."
Chad Stahelski, who directed all three films in the franchise, has also expressed his willingness to work on more "John Wick" movies. "I enjoy making these movies because there's no limit," he said. "We create our own mythology, and we have a studio that both stays out of our way and supports us on the wacky decisions."
He continued, "If people go see the movie, and it makes money, and they came back to us, Keanu and I have ideas for days. I could live here for the rest of my career. If people like it and want to watch more, I could think of way worse ways to spend your career. But, you know, we're in the entertainment business. We'll let the audience figure that out."
"John Wick: Chapter 3" launched to $57 million in North America on its opening weekend, taking over the first place from "Avengers: Endgame" at the domestic box office. The story follows Reeves' titular character, who is on the run from assassins as he is placed under a $14 million bounty.