AceShowbiz - Young Thug was not involved in a drive-by shooting in Miami despite reports stating otherwise. After news broke that the Atlanta-born star was targeted in the shooting on Friday morning, May 10, his spokesperson clarifies that Thug was not on the scene when the incident happened.
Instead of Thug, the bullets were apparently aimed at another rapper, who suffered a minor injury in the incident, according to the spokesperson. The 27-year-old rapper "did not get shot at ... somebody took a shot at the car DJ Keyz was in. He is fine. It was a minor injury and not serious. Thug was long gone and not involved," the spokesperson tells TMZ.
Previously, the site reported that Thug's car and two party buses filled with his team were rained with bullets on early Friday morning in Miami. Witnesses said Thug was riding a Ferrari alongside the 2 buses on I-95 and was on the way to the Miami Beach Hotel around 6 A.M. when someone pulled up next to them and opened fire.
Multiple witnesses also claimed that three people were injured in the incident, but Thug was not hit. Law enforcement sources said two men and a woman who were on the buses were taken to hospitals with non-life threatening injuries. While witnesses said Thug was on the scene when the bullets were fired, sources close to him claimed he had left the party an hour earlier. Cops are investigating the shooting.
Thug had performed at LIV Nightclub on the night before the shooting. He's scheduled to perform at the Rolling Loud Festival in Miami on Saturday.
Just two days before, another Georgia rapper was caught in a drive-by shooting. Offset was recording music at the Crossover Entertainment Group studio in Atlanta when bullets rained down on the building on Wednesday night, May 8.
It's not clear if the Migos rapper was targeted in the shooting. Offset had left the place by the time police arrived. One person reportedly suffered a gunshot wound to the leg, but officers were unable to locate the alleged victim.