AceShowbiz - Fans of Lindsey Buckingham who are looking forward to watch him perform on tour have to wait for a little bit more. His wife Kristen announced that the former Fleetwood Mac guitarist would be postponing his tour after undergoing emergency open heart surgery last week.
"I am sad to say that late last week Lindsey underwent emergency open heart surgery. He is now recuperating at home and each day he is stronger than the last," she said in a statement published on Facebook on Friday, February 8. While the surgery went well as the former Fleetwood Mac guitarist is currently recovering at home, she shared that her husband suffered some vocal cord damage as a result of the surgery.
"While he and his heart are doing well, the surgery resulted in vocal cord damage," she continued. It's unclear whether or not the damage is permanent. "While it is [sic] unclear if this damage is permanent, we are hopeful it is not," she added.
Kristen went on announcing that his tour would be postponed until Lindsey completely recovers. "He looks forward to recovery and putting this behind him," she shares. "Needless to say, all touring and shows currently schedule have been put on pause for the moment as he gathers the strength to heal completely."
Concluding her statement, Kristen thanked all the people who sent support and love to her family during difficult times. "We are so thankful for the kind and generous love given by the people surrounding Lindsey, me and our kids throughout this emotional time. We can't thank you enough for all you did for our family," she said. "We will never forget you."
Lindsey hits the road in support of his new three-disc set "Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham" after getting kicked out of Fleetwood Mac last year.