AceShowbiz - Comedian Louis C.K. returned to the stage in New York for the first time in ten months on Sunday night (August 26).
According to editors at The Wrap, the disgraced comic appeared onstage at the Comedy Cellar, a comedy club he had previously frequented, after disappearing from the spotlight following his admission last November that he had masturbated in front of several women following an expose in the New York Times.
The 50-year-old comic, who took to the stage at 11p.m. was reportedly warmly welcomed by the audience, but during his 15-minute set, he did not address or mention the sexual misconduct scandal.
Comedy Cellar owner Noam Dworman told editors at The Wrap the show, which was not announced, was "typical Louis C.K. stuff" with jokes about racism, waitresses tips and parades.
"It was very ordinary for him," he told the publication, describing the audience response as "sustained applause... It was a good reception. He went through an everyday list of jokes."
When asked how he felt about C.K's unexpected appearance, Dworman explained: "This has been very hard for us. We know that it is not right that he shouldn't be able to perform again, but there is no clear time to decide how long is appropriate. He showed up and now we're thrown into it and we hope it turns out OK."
Five women spoke to the New York Times, including comediennes Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov, who accused the Louie star of masturbating in front of them in his hotel room in 2002.
The father of two issued a statement in response to the sexual misconduct admitting it was true and apologising for his behaviour.
"There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for," he said in his statement. "And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with."
In the wake of the accusations, C.K. lost his production deal with FX. In addition, entertainment company The Orchard cancelled the release of his film "I Love You, Daddy". He also lost deals with Universal, Netflix, and HBO.