AceShowbiz - Thomas Markle just can't stop talking about his daughter Meghan Markle's in-laws, and now he's bringing President Donald Trump into it. In a new phone interview with TMZ, the 73-year-old retired lighting director slams Queen Elizabeth II for meeting the president before him.
"If the queen is willing to meet out arrogant, ignorant and insensitive president, she has no excuse not to meet me, I'm nowhere as bad," he tells the news outlet. Queen Elizabeth is reportedly scheduled to meet Trump in the U.K. on July 13, though nothing has been finalized yet.
Thomas also believes that the royal family has put him in the "penalty box" due to his interview with "Good Morning Britain", on which he spilled all kind of royal secrets. Furthermore, he claims that he hasn't spoken to anyone in the royal family since the interview, including his own daughter.
Despite the silent treatment, Thomas will still be traveling to England in order to see his daughter and her husband Prince Harry.
Last week, a friend of Meghan told Yahoo News that the Duchess of Sussex was devastated after watching the candid interview. "Meghan does not understand why her father is doing all this," the so-called friend shared. "She is trying so hard to fit in and adapt to this very new way of life and she was once again blindsided by a father who supposedly cares about her and doesn't want to embarrass her."
"Given the media circus surrounding her father's actions before the wedding, Meghan had hoped he would have learned his lesson," the friend added. "She is devastated over this."
During the "Good Morning Britain" interview, Thomas said that he cried seeing his daughter walking down the aisle and said his daughter had always wanted children. "She's wanted children for a long time and when she met Harry and she spoke about how much she loves him, there's got to be a child in the making, somewhere soon," he said.