Honored with Hollywood Actress Award, the 'Wonder Wheel' actress kisses Allison onstage after praising the 'Mom' star in her speech.
AceShowbiz - Kate Winslet got more than just an award at the 2017 Hollywood Film Awards. Honored with Hollywood Actress Award for her role in "Wonder Wheel" at the event which took place on Sunday night, November 5, the British actress got to kiss a fellow actress that she adores so much, Allison Janney.
During her acceptance speech, the 42-year-old actress said she was honored to be in a room of talented actresses like Allison and wanted to be like the "Mom" actress. She wondered if perhaps she could "stroke" or "kiss" her one day. Allison was up for it and quickly walked onto the stage.
"It's happening now," Kate said, as the crowd laughed. She jumped with excitement while waiting for Allison to arrive on the stage. "This is an exciting moment, isn't it?" she added, before she locked lips with Allison. "Now I'm a little bit breathless," the "Titanic" star admitted after the quick smooch.
Hosted by James Corden, the 21st annual awards show honored other actors and the talent behind the scene. They included Angelina Jolie who won Hollywood Foreign Language Film Award for "First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers", Jake Gyllenhaal who was named Hollywood Actor Award for his role in "Stronger", Allison Janney who nabbed Hollywood Supporting Actress Award for her role in "I, Tonya", and Mary J. Blige who was presented with Hollywood Breakout Performance Actress Award for her performance in "Mudbound".
Gary Oldman, meanwhile, was honored with Hollywood Career Achievement Award. Shailene Woodley, Eva Longoria and Bryce Dallas Howard were among presenters at the event.
- Hollywood Career Achievement Award: Gary Oldman
- Hollywood Actor Award: Jake Gyllenhaal, "Stronger"
- Hollywood Supporting Actor Award: Sam Rockwell, "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Montana"
- Hollywood Actress Award: Kate Winslet, "Wonder Wheel"
- Hollywood Supporting Actress Award: Allison Janney, "I, Tonya"
- Hollywood Comedy Award: Adam Sandler, "The Meyerowitz Stories"
- Hollywood Breakout Performance Actor Award: Timothee Chalamet, "Call Me By Your Name"
- Hollywood Breakout Performance Actress Award: Mary J. Blige, "Mudbound"
- New Hollywood Actor Award: Jamie Bell, "Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool"
- Hollywood Ensemble Award: "I, Tonya"
- Hollywood Comedy Ensemble Award: "The Big Sick"
- Hollywood Breakout Ensemble Award: "Mudbound"
- Hollywood Foreign Language Film Award: Angelina Jolie and Loung Ung, "First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers"
- Hollywood Song Award: Diane Warren, Common and Andra Day, "Stand Up for Something" from the "Marshall" soundtrack
- Hollywood Animation Award: "Coco"
- Hollywood Director Award: Joe Wright, "Darkest Hour"
- Hollywood Documentary Award: Sean "P. Diddy" Combs, "Can't Stop, Won't Stop: The Bad Boy Story"
- Hollywood Screenwriter Award: Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber, "The Disaster Artist"
- Hollywood Cinematography Award: Roger Deakins, "Blade Runner 2049"
- Hollywood Film Composer Award: Thomas Newman, "Victoria & Abdul"
- Hollywood Editor Award: Sidney Wolinsky, "The Shape of Water"
- Hollywood Visual Effects Award: Joe Letteri, Dan Lemmon, Dan Barrett and Erik Winquist, "War for the Planet of the Apes"
- Hollywood Sound Award: Addison Teague & Dave Acord, "Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2"
- Hollywood Costume Design Award: Jacqueline Durran, "Darkest Hour" and "Beauty and the Beast (2017)"
- Hollywood Make-Up & Hair Styling Award: Jenny Shircore, "Beauty and the Beast (2017)"
- Hollywood Production Design Award: Dennis Gassner, "Blade Runner 2049"