No Longer Humoring Rumors, Blake Shelton Sues Tabloid for Ruining His Career
Celebrity

The country singer is fighting against In Touch's claims that he went to rehab, peed in a mailbox, was caught in bed with naked women and could not perform on 'The Voice'.

AceShowbiz - %cBlake Shelton% is no longer taking any crap from tabloid. On Thursday, March 17, the country singer filed a $2 million lawsuit against In Touch magazine which claimed he went to rehab after hitting rock bottom.

The magazine published a story last year that Shelton was so devastated by his failed marriage to %cMiranda Lambert% that he turned to be a drunk. The mag further claimed that he urinated in public, messed up his job on "The Voice", and ended up in rehab. There was also the point that he had cheated on Lambert with a bunch of naked women in their Tennessee home .

In a sworn declaration, Shelton stated that he had never been to rehab and certainly never did any of the aforementioned. "Totally false," the 39-year-old singer said. "I was not in rehab in September 2015. I have never been to rehab, nor have I ever considered going to rehab. I did not then, nor have I ever, hit 'rock bottom.' I do not drink excessively, binge drink, or have a drinking problem. I did not, as the (In Touch) story alleges, drink vodka before 11 am."

He continued, "I am never drunk, intoxicated or unable to perform my job on The Voice or elsewhere. I do not slur my words, or stumble when I drink. I have never urinated on a mailbox in public or otherwise. I did not start drinking at 14. I did not start drinking as a teenager. I did not start drinking to cope with my brother's death."

"My ex-wife did not catch me with a bunch of naked women in our Tennessee home one night. Ms. Lambert did not tape me while drinking and then show me a video of myself the following day...I did not handle my first divorce by drinking, nor has my drinking increased or escalated since my divorce from Ms. Lambert." The declaration went on for several pages.

Shelton said the story was almost ruining his career because he was freshly hired to host the 2016 Kids Choice Awards at that time and on the verge of signing a deal as the brand ambassador of liquor company Pernod Ricard. "Unrebutted, the story had the potential to destroy both known and unknown business opportunities for me," he said in the docs filed in a Los Angeles court.

Often hit with rumors, Shelton also highlighted the reason why he decided to take this matter to court. "Sometimes, in the past, I have responded to stories with humor, as I did when it was rumored in the tabloids that I had heart trouble or that my ex-wife was sending me to rehab," he said, adding "And it used a completely fabricated version of a two-night trip to Mexico with my buddy and a married couple to support its outlandish claims. All of this was false and went so far beyond prior stories about me that I had previous denied with humor."

Bauer Media, the parent company of In Touch, is filing a motion to overthrow the case.

You can share this post!

Related Posts