AceShowbiz - The court ruling that favors Fox in distributing "Watchmen" over Warner Bros is still far from settled. Warner Bros issued a statement on Monday, December 29 that they will keep on fighting for the right, by either going to another trial or proposing an appeal to the U.S. District Court Judge Gary Feess' decision so that the movie can stick to its release date on March 6, 2009.
Fox are trying to stop Warner from releasing the movie on the scheduled date for the reason of the deals they made with producer Lawrence Gordon. Last week, Feess ruled that Fox indeed own a copyright to distribute the movie, but Warner said they disagree to this. "We respectfully but vigorously disagree with the court's ruling and are exploring all of our appellate options," the studio said. "We continue to believe that Fox's claims have no merit and that we will ultimately prevail, whether at trial or in the Court of Appeals."
Additionally, Feess said he that temporarily sticks to the outcome but plans to hold another trial on January 20 to discuss on other issues related to the case. Meanwhile, he also encourages both parties to settle it by negotiating a resolution or forgo with the trial and prepare an appeal.
Fox have not made any comment on Warner's decision to prevent the movie from being delayed. A spokesman from Fox only issued a statement, saying "We are gratified by the recognition of our rights in the judge's order, which speaks for itself."